Join other writers for support and encouragement!
Annual dues are just $25 and provide you with numerous resources and connections!
- Monthly Educational Meeting
- Annual Writing Conference
- Reduced Rate for Annual OWFI Conference
- Newsletter Opportunities (NightScripts)
- Members’ Book Catalog
- Critique Groups
- Group Book Signings
- Promotion on Club Social Media
- Published TNW Anthologies
- Networking Opportunities
“Don’t tell me the moon is shining; show me the glint of light on broken glass.”
More About Membership
Since our founding in the 1950’s, Tulsa NightWriters has included writers of all ages and every genre. Our members write screen and stage plays, murder mysteries, science fiction, thrillers, romance, and every other genre imaginable.
The mission of Tulsa NightWriters for over sixty-five years has been to provide a platform for writers of all levels and abilities to receive support, encouragement, and the tools to achieve their writing goals, whether for publication or personal enjoyment through informational and inspirational speakers, networking opportunities with other writers and publishing professionals, help with book promotion, and opportunities to achieve through local, state, and national writing competitions and conferences.
Each year, Tulsa NightWriters hosts the Craft of Writing Conference. This is a one day conference for writers of all genres to connect with each other and learn from experts during keynotes, breakout sessions, and panels. When opportunities arise, we also host special workshops and other events throughout the year.
For our members, we meet on the third Tuesday of every month (except December) at 7:00 PM. We meet at the OSU Center for Poets & Writers and visitors are welcome to check us out for two to three meetings before joining.
Details & The Fine Print
Tulsa NightWriters Club is an affiliate of the Oklahoma Writers’ Federation, Inc (OWFI). It is not required to join OWFI to become a Tulsa NightWriter, nor is it required to join Tulsa NightWriters to join OWFI. Joining one organization does not make you a member of the other. They are separate organizations with separate membership requirements. Many people who do not wish to be part of a local writer’s club join OWFI as a member-at-large. However, we strongly encourage members to join both organizations so they can enjoy the benefits of both.
Code of Conduct
- TNW is committed to providing an inclusive and welcoming environment for all.
- TNW commits to remaining free from harassing behavior. Any physical, verbal, or sexual harassment toward members and guests will not be allowed.
- Members shall treat other members and guests fairly, equally, and with respect and courtesy.
- Members agree to not share other members’ personal information (email, phone number, address, etc…) without express permission.
- Members agree not to spam members’ email addresses for the purpose of marketing their own works or services unless a member specifically signs up for their email marketing.
- Membership applications can be submitted and paid online via credit/debit card or you can fill it out and then mail your check or bring check or cash to the next monthly meeting.
- Tulsa NightWriters annual dues are $25. New members may join at any time.
- Renewing Members: Annual dues for membership are $25 and are due on or before February 28th of each calendar year.
- New members are encouraged to join OWFI. OWFI’s dues are $25. Please visit OWFI.org for more details.
- Tulsa NightWriters’ and OWFI’s dues are paid separately.
- Tulsa NightWriters dues are not pro-rated.
- OWFI dues are not pro-rated.
If you have questions that this page or the membership form doesn’t address, please feel free to send us a message from our contact page!
All writers welcome!
Whatever your genre, find support, resources, and encouragement at Tulsa NightWriters.